Tuesday, October 2, 2007

TUESDAY, OCTOBER 2

@@@@SPELLING ACTIVITY E + FLASHCARDS--DUE TODAY:

Today I walked around to each student, face-to-face, and collected the brown Spelling Activity E assignment. I looked at the flashcards, but am taking the grade this week strickly from the activity.

I also asked students who had not shown me their 30 minutes of writing yesterday if they had it today. It is a zero after today.

@@@@OUTLINE PRACTICE--in class:

I completed an outline of sections 2 & 3 of a chapter from the social studies text. I left our key words, and later also left out some of the key labels. This is classwork practice, so students are encouraged to work independently, but ask for help if they need it.

I collected these at the end of the hour because we will continue to work on them in class tomorrow. It is not homework.

@@@@SSR

Only a handful of student actually completed the outline today in class. They spent the rest of their time reading from their SSR book.

No comments: